Please upload: doxygen v1.4.2-20050410 (2nd take)

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Wed Apr 13 14:02:00 GMT 2005

Hans W. Horn wrote:
> Please upload the latest doxygen release for cygwin (v1.4.2-20050410)
>
> Binaries, sources & setup.hint files are located at
> http://www.smithii.com/files/cygwin/hans/
> (thanks to Ross Smith II for providing web space).
>
> -rw-r--r-- 1 32237 ross  2558933 Apr 12 20:18
> doxygen-1.4.2-20050410.tar.bz2
> -rw-r--r-- 1 32237 ross  1824834 Apr 12 20:19
> doxygen-1.4.2-20050410_src.tar.bz2
> -rw-r--r-- 1 32237 ross      179 Apr 12 20:22 md5.sum
> -rw-r--r-- 1 32237 ross      351 Apr 12 20:19 setup.hint
>
> Since this is the 2nd attempt of my first contribution of this kind,
> please
> bear with me
> if I still didn't get it all right.
>
> I honored various complaints by Brian Dessent and Max Bowscher.

Thanks! Some further issues:

In setup.hint, the first letter of an sdesc is typically capitalized - just
run setup.exe and look at the descriptions visible in the package picker to
see what other packages do.

The naming of the packages has a problem: Cygwin packages are
NAME-VERSION-RELEASE, of which only NAME may further "-" characters. Since
the upstream package contains a "-" within it's version, changing this to a
"_" would be a suitable workaround. Thus, the binary package would be named:
doxygen-1.4.2_20050410-1.tar.bz2.

A source package should be labelled with the addition of "-src", not "_src".

My name has no "c" in it. :-)

Thanks for accomodating my request that the original upstream source be
included. It is more usual to include the upstream tarball itself, though.
Despite this being only an intermediate snapshot, it is available as a
tarball: http://www-kp3.gsi.de/~kp3softd/doxygen/.

One further suggestion: I think it would be appropriate to include only the
html version of the manual. Including the PDF format too substantially
increases the size of the package, for no real gain - it's just duplication.
(This is a personal suggestion - it isn't part of established Cygwin
policy - though perhaps we should actually make a Cygwin policy on this kind
of issue).

Max.