new package: Joe's Own Editor

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Apr 18 19:33:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen schrieb:
> I reviewed the packaging and it looks pretty good to me with just one
> exception.  Is it really intended to put the joe specific stuff, namely
> the joe subdirectory into /etc?  This looks weird.  I'd prefer if the
> joe subdir would be located in /usr/share which seems to be the correct
> location following the FHS.

I got used to /etc/joerc and the various other rc files there.
/etc/joe/*rc looks good to me.

Still my favorite editor, though it has persistent \t bugs.
But I'm stuck with 2.9.7pre1 on cygwin for the last years.

Good to have the original author back to support that!
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/