Proposal singular-3.0.0-1

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Tue Aug 2 23:32:00 GMT 2005

Oliver Wienand wrote:

> Hello
>
>> The binaries are working.  I have no Emacs installed so I cannaot
>> test the Emacs version.  Source package is missing, cannot try a
>> rebuild.
>

> Now I have packaged the sources. They are also avaible via our small
> cygwin package repository. For more Information:
>
> http://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/~wienand/singular

The link at this site doesn't work.
ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/Math/Singular/devel/WIN/Cygwin
                                                           ^^^^
Should be:
ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/Math/Singular/devel/WIN/cygwin

And the source file is not available:

File not found

You tried to access the address
ftp://www.mathematik.uni-kl.de/pub/Math/Singular/devel/WIN/cygwin/release/singular-base/singular-3.0.0-1-src.tar.bz2,
which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address
(URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.

> At the moment there are only sources for Singular. Sources for surf will
> be available at the beginning of next week I hope.

I'll try to rebuild once I can fetch it ;)

>> Directory layout needs some changes, /usr/local/Singular is the
>> base path right now, this cannot be distributed with /usr/Singular
>> instead.  Binaries should go to /usr/bin, rest to /usr/share/Singular
>> and/or /usr/lib/Singular and docs into /usr/share/doc/Singular-3.0.0.
>

> Is this for all Cygwin - packages required? I am asking because changing
> the directory layout after the root of the Singular tree would require
> setting a lot of envioronment variables. Changing the root directory is
> possible. I have just left it on usr/local/Singular/3-0-0 because prior
> version was using this path.

We use the standard directory layout as proposed by FHS:
http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

I think setting the root to /usr should do it.

>> Info file is named .hlp, don't know if this is a problem for info.
>

> I have taken all names from Linux distribution. It works fine on
> WinXP/WinME/Win98 and latest Cygwin. If there is a problem, renaming the
> file should be considerable easy.

Probably it works ok.

> A further question has popped up. There is the x-icons packages and the
> singular-helper package does quite the same (Except the dependancies and
> the Base category). It is possible to store also such packages in the
> official cygwin mirrors?

As long as no other files are overwritten, yes.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=