[ITP] gvim-6.4

Fri Dec 23 09:49:00 GMT 2005

On Dec 22 14:38, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/gvim/gvim-6.4-1-src.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/gvim/gvim-6.4-1.tar.bz2
> ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release/gvim/setup.hint
>
> category: Editors Gnome
> requires: cygwin gtk2-x11-runtime libncurses8 vim xorg-x11-base
> sdesc: "GTK interface to the Vim text editor"
> ldesc: "Vim is an almost compatible version of the UNIX editor Vi.  Many
> new features have been added: multi-level undo, syntax highlighting,
> command line history, on-line help, filename completion, block
> operations, etc. There is also a Graphical User Interface (GUI) available.
> This package includes the GTK2 GUI; it depends on the vim package for
> the common vim data files."

Could you please use the same ldesc text as the CLI vim version and
just add the last sentence?

But what's worse is this:

  $ uname -a
  CYGWIN_NT-5.1 cathi 1.5.19(0.149/4/2) [...]
  $ export DISPLAY=calimero:1		<- My Linux X server
  $ gvim
  Vim: Caught deadly signal SYS
  Vim: Finished.
  $

I have no chance to connect to my X server running on my Linux box,
which is a xorg-x11-Xvnc-6.8.1.  From the strace output I can only see
that kill(2) is called, but there's no hint about the reason.  Using vim
-V shows:

  [...lots of "Searching for foo.{xpm,bmp}"...]
  Searching for "bitmaps/FindHelp.bmp" in "/home/corinna/.vim,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles,/usr/share/vim/vim64,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/after,/home/corinna/.vim/after"
  Searching for "/home/corinna/.vim/bitmaps/FindHelp.bmp"
  Searching for "/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/bitmaps/FindHelp.bmp"
  Searching for "/usr/share/vim/vim64/bitmaps/FindHelp.bmp"
  Searching for "/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/after/bitmaps/FindHelp.bmp"
  Searching for "/home/corinna/.vim/after/bitmaps/FindHelp.bmp"
  not found in 'runtimepath': "bitmaps/FindHelp.bmp"Vim: Caught deadly signal SYS

  Writing viminfo file "/home/corinna/.viminfo"Vim: Finished.

However, I tried with a local Xming server, which worked fine.

Needless to say that I don't have any problem to run other Cygwin X apps
as xterm or gs.  Nor do I have a problem with the Linux gvim (using the
gnome GUI).

Red Hat