[Pre-ITP] httpd-2.0.53-0.3

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Thu Feb 24 21:54:00 GMT 2005

Stipe Tolj wrote:
> Max Bowsher wrote:

>>> Preview packages of httpd-2.0.53-0.3 are available at:
>>>
>>> http://www-stud.robinson.cam.ac.uk/~mob22/cygwin/
>>> (setup.exe installable site)
>>>

>>> Any comments welcome.
>>

>> Updated to 0.4, fixing the postinstall bug previously mentioned, and
>> renaming the pidfile to httpd2.pid.
>
> installing via setup runs fine.
>
> After commenting out nobody user and group config directive in
> /etc/apache2/httpd.conf

Interesting, I didn't do that, but it just ignored those directives. (In
fact, I'd assumed they were commented already, since it was running fine,
but they actually aren't commented).

> and changing ServerName directive I get the following:
>
> tolj@epimetheus /etc
> $ /usr/sbin/httpd2
> Bad system call

Oops.

I forgot to document:

Apache2 requires cygserver.
Make sure cygserver is running, and that your CYGWIN envvar contains
"server".

> BTW, I see in /usr/lib/apach2/lib that all shared modules have .so
> filename
> endings, which is obviously not what we want in the DLL world, right?

Apache has standardized on .so - even for their native Win32 build.
In any case, it really doesn't matter - you can dlopen() whatever you want.
Plus *not* naming something .dll seems to be the only way to stop libtool
trying to install it in a ../bin/ directory relative to where you actually
tell it to install.

Max.