Apache/PHP maintainership

Stipe Tolj st@tolj.org
Thu Jan 27 00:38:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Jan 24 23:55, Brian Dessent wrote:
>
>>So, unfortunately I throw in the towel on this one.  I think I've posted
>>the patches to this list that I had made, which would be a starting
>>point if anyone else feels up to the task.  At the point where I
>>stopped, the PHP modules would at least all build as dynamic shared
>>modules but some of them would not load or would cause segfaults.  So,
>>there's still some work to be done there to find out why.
>

> Are you also laying down Apache maintainership?  That would be a pity.
> I don't see why Apache should depend on PHP.  Webserver also work fine
> without PHP scripts from what I can tell :-)

now, agree'ing to Corinna here.

As I am still on the list and yes, still work on Apache for Cygwin... I'd like
to pick-up the opportunity to bring up some new packages with the apache-1.3
tree and the httpd-2.0 tree - on which I worked already in trying to get it
build in DSO/DLL fashion mode - for upload. At least re-building the latest
apache-1.3 should be a very quick shot to go for.

Stipe

mailto:stolj_{at}_wapme.de
Wapme Systems AG

Vogelsanger Weg 80