Observation for ALL maintainers who provide dlls (was Re: question for perl maintainer)

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Sat Jul 9 18:20:00 GMT 2005

James R. Phillips wrote:

> --- "Gerrit P. Haase"  wrote:
>

>>Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>>

>>>Isn't it a configure option?  You can change the "conf()" function to pass
>>>it in.  For linker options, set MY_LDFLAGS in the beginning of the script.
>>>	Igor
>>

>>Doesn't libtool always defines --image-base when building a DLL, or is
>>this only with ancient libtool versions?
>>
>>Gerrit
>

> Don't know about libtool, but modifying the conf function did no good for
> compiling octave.  The only way I can see to pass this flag to octave is to
> modify the configure script.  I have suggested to upstream a modification to
> configure.in

I pass the MY_* flags to configure as well as to make for gcc builds.
However a definition in the Makefile triggered by configure is
bulletproof.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=