Postgresql still maintained?

Carlo Florendo list-subscriber@hq.astra.ph
Thu Jun 2 06:33:00 GMT 2005

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

> Hi Carlo,
>
> do you want to contribute / maintain MySQL instead?
>
> There is some support for Cygwin in the latest releases, e.g.
> the #pragma inplementation stuff was changed.  Also some other
> patches I collected were applied.  The last time I tried a
> build was in January with Cygwin 1.15.12 and the server seems
> to run with this golden Cygwin version.  Should be even better
> with the latest greatest.
>

> Gerrit

Good.  Let me build mysql first.  So, you collected some patches and had
them applied by the mysql developers?  I never really contributed
serious patches before but my only fear when I maintain a package is
that if there are problems, I might not know where to do the patching,
or might not even know what part of the code is wrong and I'll end up to
be just a useless maintainer.  In any case, let me build mysql first.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Carlo

--