Please upload xmon-1.5.6-1 (new package)

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Sat Jun 11 15:32:00 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 11:44:09PM -0700, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Thanks, I wasn't sure what the current rules were.  Glad it was in Debian.

>>>Uhh... I hope I'm not misunderstanding the question... but, in the
>>>original email?!?

>> From http://cygwin.com/setup.html
>>
>>Submitting a package
>>
>>	So you've got a package you want to submit.  Follow the following
>>	checklist before emailing cygwin-apps@cygwin.com and you'll almost
>>	certainly save time.
>>
>>	1.  Propose on cygwin-apps that you are interested in becoming a
>>	package maintainer for package foo.  Some packages cannot be
>>	distributed via cygwin's setup due to vendor licence limitations.
>>	Other packages may not be appropriate for cygwin.  This step will
>>	save
>>	time if, for some reason we cannot accept the package.
>>
>>	2.  If this is a new package, *post a complete setup.hint file as
>>	part
>>	of your proposal*.  Include this file in the text of your message so
>>	that it can be commented on.  Do not submit it as an attachment.
>
>Are we posting or quoting rules?
>
>I have no interest in pedantics.

You asked why I was asking about the setup.hint file.  This is why.

I didn't see any obvious reason why I should refrain from pointing out
the rules to you since I and others do that whenever someone sends an
incomplete ITP here.

cgf