mkcramfs & mkfs.jffs2 packages

Marion Deveaud marion.deveaud@siemens.com
Tue Mar 29 12:33:00 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I had to port those two tools for Cygwin to help my customer develop his
embedded Linux application in the Cygwin environment. Since I sometimes
see on the mailing-list people asking for those tools I though my work
may help other guys out there.

Here the description of both of the packages:

mkcramfs setup.hint:
-------------------
category: Devel
requires: cygwin
sdesc:  "A tool to create CRAMFS filesystem images conform to Linux."
ldesc:  "A tool to create CRAMFS filesystem images conform to Linux.
         Can be used to create embedded (root)filesystem images."

mkfsjffs2 setup.hint:
--------------------
category: Devel
requires: cygwin
sdesc:  "A tool to create JFFS2 filesystem images conform to Linux."
ldesc:  "A tool to create JFFS2 filesystem images conform to Linux.
         Can be used to create embedded (root)filesystem images."

Unfortunately I have no time to maintain those packages. The most part
of the work is to assure the compatibility of the image with Linux
filesystems drivers.

I'll upload the packages on *ftp.siemens.de* FTP Server, they will be
downloadable from the directory *incoming* (non browsable) accessible
with *anonymous* login (no password).
Here the names of the packages:
mkcramfs-20050329-1-src.tar.bz2
mkcramfs-20050329-1.tar.bz2
mkfsjffs2-20050329-1-src.tar.bz2
mkfsjffs2-20050329-1.tar.bz2

The packages will stay there available 2 days for download. If the
transfer can't be done during this time just ask me to upload them again.

I hope those packages will be accepted by the maintainers. I would be
pleased to become any suggestion or idea to improve those packages in
case they can't be released in the actual stand.

Best Regards,
Marion Deveaud