Counter-ITP of doxygen (was: Re: Please upload: doxygen-1.4.2_20050410-1 (n'th take))

Max Bowsher maxb@ukf.net
Tue May 3 16:49:00 GMT 2005

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On May  3 13:02, Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> The fact that a few words of mild intention can be misinterpreted and
>> seed
>> an accidental high tension mess has been amply well demonstrated on the
>> cygwin list recently, in the CGF/GRVS thread.
>
> So you're comparing your specific situation with Gary's years long history
> of adding useless comments to cgf's postings in the Cygwin ML?  I don't
> think that's the same and I don't think that's a convincing argument at
> all.=

I was not aware of the history you refer to (I've been skimming subjects and
reading only selected threads on the cygwin ml for a long time now), and was
just using it as an isolated example of messages being interpreted in a more
inflammatory tone than they were intended, reaching quite drastic end
results.

Max.