Postgresql still maintained?

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Thu May 26 07:48:00 GMT 2005

Carlo Florendo schrieb:
> It seems that there has been no release of postgresql for the past few
> months.   Curr stays at 7.4.5-1 but the latest release is already
> 8.0.3.  Do we have a maintainer for postgresql?  If not, I
> will.....oooops, let me build it first.

It builds OOTB.

I only dared to oficially release as test the last version
which doesn't exhibit the IPC IsBadWritePtr() problem some users
and I have.
   creating template1 database in
/usr/src/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.3/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/base/1
... Signal 12
child process exited with exit code 140

Most cygwin users (about 95%) don't experience that problem.
I tried various tricks as workaround without success so far.
I'll be pleased if you encounter the same problem and will be able to
fix it.

The latest versions to try out are on my setup site:
   http://tu.xarch.at/publ/cygwin/

--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/