Security advisory: gtk2-x11

Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net
Sun Nov 27 02:15:00 GMT 2005

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Hmm, this is the first time I hear about glitz and cairo.  Is it used
> instead of X11?

Not exactly.  cairo[1] is a cross-platform 2D graphics rendering engine
with support for multiple backends.  glitz is a wrapper for the various
types of OpenGL APIs.

[1] http://cairographics.org/introduction

cairo is now used by GNOME, and particularly pango and gtk+, instead of
libart_lgpl2 and libgnomecanvas2, which are being deprecated (but need
to stay for compatibility), and to a certain degree, gdk-pixbuf.

Anyway, are you ready to consider bumping glib/gtk+ to 2.8?  Let me
know, and I'll ITP glitz and cairo.

Yaakov