[g-b-s Patch: next try] Write and save logfiles for configure/make/check/install

Dr. Volker Zell Dr.Volker.Zell@oracle.com
Mon Oct 10 14:24:00 GMT 2005

    > Yes, .logs, or LOGS, or even just /usr/src/$PACKAGE[*] -- it's up to you.
    > As for deleting...  What I normally do with source packages is run
    > "./PKG-VER.sh prep", and then move PKG-VER.sh, PKG-VER.tar and
    > PKG-VER.patch to PKG-VER/CYGWIN-PATCHES.  That helps me keep my /usr/src
    > reasonably clean.  But that's just me, and others may not want stuff
    > deleted without their permission.
    > 	Igor
    > [*] If you choose the "no subdirectory" approach, beware that the g-b-s
    > as it stands will overwrite the logs.  That's why I suggested that the
    > logs be created with lowercase names initially, but renamed to upper case
    > in .spkg before building the source package.

Ok, I try again. Now after unpacking of the source archive you have the original
logfiles compressed under /usr/src. This archive gets unpacked to
/usr/src/$PACKAGE/.buildlogs during prep(). configure/make/check/install()
still put their logfiles to /usr/src/$PACKAGE/.sinst so it's easy to
diff them against their counterparts under /usr/src/$PACKAGE/.buildlogs.

 2005-10-10  Dr. Volker Zell  <dr.volker.zell@oracle.com>

 	* templates/generic-build-script (log_pkg_name): New.
 	(configurelogfile): New.
 	(makelogfile): New.
 	(checklogfile): Name change.
 	(installlogfile): New.