4th summary (was Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.)

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Oct 10 15:28:00 GMT 2005

The following is useful information from me... I'm giving some guidance
on decisions that need to be made, but I've long since relinquished any
responsibility to make those decisions, so just ignore my advice if you
disagree, rather than getting all uppity about how I'm not in charge and
shouldn't be making these sorts of decisions.

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Sep 15 18:45, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> LIST 3: PACKAGES WITHOUT REPLY FROM MAINTAINER SO FAR

[...]
>   cygwin-x-doc

I'm listed as the maintainer in the README, but I haven't been
maintaining this since mid-2004.  Alexander Gottwald would taken this
over, but he's not involved with Cygwin/X anymore, so I guess this
should fall to Alan H.  But, if no one takes it, it needs to go away and
people can access Cygwin/X docos on the website.

[...]
>   x-start-menu-icons
>   x-startup-scripts

Alexander Gottwald is listed as the maintainer for these, but he isn't
involved with Cygwin/X anymore, so these should go to Alan H.  These
can't really be removed... so Alan H really needs to find a maintainer
for them if he doesn't want them.

>   x2x

Thomas Chadwick used to maintain this... but he and I worked closely on
it.  I'm not interested if he doesn't reply, so this might be up for
grabs or it might just go away.

[...]
>   xwinclip

I'm still listed as the maintainer of this and I declare it obsolete.
I'm not going to maintain it anymore and it doesn't need to exist
anymore, so please remove it from the distribution.

>   xwinwm

I'm still listed as the maintainer of this.  This is a window manager
that goes hand-in-hand with a feature in Cygwin/X... but that feature
was never finished and hasn't been updated since April of 2004.  I claim
this is dead... but it should probably be assigned to Alan H. and he can
request that it be removed if he isn't going to pursue it any further.

Harold