[g-b-s Patch] Write and save logfiles for configure/make/check/install

Gerrit P. Haase gerrit@familiehaase.de
Tue Oct 11 20:56:00 GMT 2005

Charles Wilson wrote:
> James R. Phillips wrote:
>
>> Interesting idea.  I didn't know you could force
>> configure/make/install to
>> produce log files.
>>
>> Wouldn't it be better to produce a separate compressed log file archive,
>> distinct from the source archive?  The contents of the source archive
>> have been
>> previously specified.
>

> I wouldn't worry about that.  See ncurses-X.Y-Z-src.tar.bz2....  FWIW, I
> think this is a neat idea (and CAPS help distinguish these files from
> the "working" ones like xxxx.patch, xxxx.sh, etc).

I include the logs for perl in the source archive since I maintain the
package.  However, I use a unique name and my script takes care that
the originals are not overwritten during packaging, so you are not
forced to extract it again when you run into problems and need the logs
handy.  I.e. is it useful when you delete the build directory and logs,
you will always have the reference from the actual build at the mirrors.
Maybe including them into CYGWIN-PATCHES would be better than to leave
them in the top sourcedir?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=