ITP: [NMU] naim 0.11.7.3.1-1 -- A console client for AOL Instant Messenger and IRC

Jari Aalto jari.aalto@cante.net
Sat Oct 15 10:02:00 GMT 2005

NMU = Non Maintainer Upload

I happened to see message
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-09/threads.html#00648>:

    ...The current version available in cygwin of naim, the ncurses
    instant messenger client, is no longer working. This is because
    AOL has moved from TOC to TOC2. There is a patched version
    available here: http://naimdoc.net/index.php/TOC_Issues and I have
    built it on my Gentoo box, but it won't compile on my Windows
    machines running Cygwin...

Where cgf replied:

    ...Actually, we're currently without a maintainer for 'naim' so
    unless someone wants to step up in the next month or so, 'naim' is
    in danger of being removed from the cygwin distribution.

So I took a quick look at naim. I applied the TOC2 patch and fixed the
compiling issues and made new release.

I'm not particularly interested in being the maintainer because I
don't use AIM or ICQ so I can't comment if the TOC2 fix works as
advertised. So anyone out there, please feel free to grasp this one.
I've CC'd the original maintainer and author of Naim (Daniel). But if
no one steps in, I can be listed as maintainer for now.

P.S Eric: I'm working on bogofilter, just haven't yet figured how
to turn on dynamic compiling for iconv.

Jari

sdesc: "A console client for AOL Instant Messenger and IRC"
ldesc: "A console-based client for AOL Instant Messenger, IRC, and
Lily. It supports the TOC protocol and can store its buddylist on
AOL's servers."
category: Web
requires: cygwin libncurses8

A) Download like this

  wget --non-verbose        \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/naim/setup.hint \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/naim/naim-0.11.7.3.1-1.tar.bz2.sig \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/naim/naim-0.11.7.3.1-1.tar.bz2 \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/naim/naim-0.11.7.3.1-1-src.tar.bz2.sig \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/naim/naim-0.11.7.3.1-1-src.tar.bz2

B) OR Download like this

  gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 955A92D8

  mkdir naim ; cd naim
  rm -f get.sh get.sh.sig
  wget -q http://cygwin.cante.net/naim/get.sh \
          http://cygwin.cante.net/naim/get.sh.sig
  gpg --verify get.sh.sig get.sh &&
  sh get.sh

  cd /usr/src/cygwin-packages/naim
  less /usr/src/cygwin-packages/naim/get.sh
  tar jtvf /usr/src/cygwin-packages/naim/naim-0.11.7.3.1-1.tar.bz2