2nd summary (was Re: [HEADSUP] ALL Maintainers, please reply.)

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Thu Sep 29 08:13:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 10:30:55PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:

>>>Actually, that's my package
>>

>>I just took these because I thought they were related to rpm and I'm
>>taking on rpm.  So, sorry for the confusion.
>>

>Actually, Chris, Nicholas, this is the EXACT reasoning behind Nick's
>original adoption of popt from me:
>   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-06/msg00069.html
>It "went with" rpm, which Nick was ITP'ing, so it made sense for him to
>take over popt maintainership.
>
>I think it still makes sense -- so if cgf has taken over rpm, IMO popt
>maintainership should also go with it.  But obviously, it's up to you guys.

Dario Alcocer was the last person to announce rpm so, AFAICT, he was the
rpm maintainer.  I don't see any announcements from Nicholas in
cygwin-announce about rpm.

And, as far as that's concerned, I don't see any popt announcements at all
from Nicholas in cygwin-announce.

So, anyway, I think I will take on the popt package.  It makes sense for
the rpm maintainer to be the popt maintainer and I'm hoping to update
rpm sometime soon.

cgf