An all-new upset error message - tar related?

Christopher Faylor emailaddressdeleted
Fri Apr 14 15:59:00 GMT 2006

----- Forwarded message from Cron Daemon <email address deleted> -----

Invalid header block at offset unknown at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
Invalid header block at offset unknown at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
Invalid header block at offset unknown at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
No data could be read from file at /export/u0/sourceware/sourceware/libre/infra/bin/cygwin/Cygwin/Setup/Listing.pm line 186
PROBLEMS WITH release/w32api/w32api-3.7-1-src.tar.bz2

----- End forwarded message -----

I've been noticing this error message for a couple of days.
I wonder if it has something to do with the new version of tar?

So far, it has cropped up for monotone, coreutils, and, now, w32api.
Unpacking/repacking the files on sourceware.org seems to "fix" the
problem.

Can the maintainers of these pacakges please confirm/deny if they've
been using tar-1.15.90-1?  If not, I'll have to investigate what has
changed on sourceware.org recently.

cgf