FYI: un/zip update available

Wed Aug 30 21:19:00 GMT 2006

Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> These are also Charles Wilson's.  Is he still around?  Several of his
> packages (libpng, tiff, unzip, zip) are affected by security
> vulnerabilities.
>
> I have just built unzip and zip with cygport, and the files are now in
> Cygwin Ports CVS as ports/apps/{,un}zip.  I hope that this will expedite
> the process.

Yep, I'm still here.  The past several months have been "interesting" in
the Chinese-curse sense.  However, I'm presently working on updates to
several of my packages, including those you mentioned.

I'm trying to switch over to cygport for those packages that cygport
itself doesn't depend upon (e.g. I don't think it's wise to use cygport
to package bzip2 or unzip, or, sadly, the autotools).  So, I appreciate
the "examples" you've provided on the cygwin ports site.

I have run into one issue (and this relates to the delays in getting an
updated tiff release): how to deal with multiple *source* packages.  For
tiff, there's the actual tiff src, and then the testcase tarball.  Also,
  your sample release of tiff on cygports uses a completely different
patchset than my older release, so merging the two is proving
time-consuming.

--
Chuck