[ITP] jikes -- IBM's Fast Java compiler adhering to language and VM specifications

Jari Aalto jari.aalto@cante.net
Mon Feb 6 18:23:00 GMT 2006

Shaddy Baddah <Shaddy_Baddah-PkbjNfxxIARBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 2/4/2006 6:08 PM, Jari Aalto wrote:
>> Current classpath won't compile with gcj (gcc 3.x included in Cygwin),
>> so it requires jikes. Here it goes. Included in major distros:
>

> Sorry to interject, but could I make a request that, like unison, this
> package be tied into a version. e.g. jikes1.14 distinct from jikes1.22?

Is there significant difference to warrant such separation? In my
understanding compiling java classes produces standard code and the
latest compiler fixes the errors in previous.

Jari