[ITP] mingw-libjpeg, mingw-libpng, mingw-openssl

Peter Quiring pquiring@hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 03:37:00 GMT 2006

Okay,

I've created some packages for Cygwin under the mingw category.  They
are mingw versions of libjpeg, libpng, and openssl.  The conventions I
used are slightly different from cygwin standards but were neccessary to
compile under the mingw system.  The source includes two scripts, one to
compile and another to package the binary bz2 file.  I hope this would
be accepted since I've put a lot of work into this.  You can view the
packages at http://digiforce.sf.net/cygwin (all setup.hint files are
there too).
Please ignore the mingw-zlib package there, it's just a modified copy of
the one already distributed at cygwin.com.
These packages are some standard packages I need while programming with
mingw and I don't intend on adding anything else at the moment.

One note about my packages is that only static libs are in the binary
packages since that's the idea behind mingw.

Thanks for considering my packages, and thanks for cygwin in general -
an essential tool for multi-platform developers.

Peter Quiring