[ITP] pycrypto-2.0.1-1 -- Cryptographic algorithms and protocols for Python

Tacvek unknown_kev_cat@hotmail.com
Sun Feb 12 17:05:00 GMT 2006

"Jari Aalto" wrote:
> Not to my understanding (based on fact that it's distribyted in
> Debian). It's comparable to openSSH.

Debian does file paperwork with the government.
And yes I think notifications need to be made.
They are fairly simple for open source programs.

Of course, the whole notification system is nonsense.
It DOES NOT stop denied persons from obtaining strong cryptography, it is a
major inconvience to many US businesses, and it costs tax money.

In other words there is no good reason at all for these stupid laws, but try
to get Congress to understand that. :(