libtool setup.hint to add 'file' to requires

Fri Feb 24 09:00:00 GMT 2006

Brian Dessent wrote:
> According to the thread below, libtool displays somewhat broken behavior
> on Cygwin when /bin/file is not present.  Since 'file' is a package of
> its own and not in the Devel category it might be easy for a user to
> overlook selecting it.  It would probably be best if 'file' were added
> to the 'requires' line of the libtool packages so that it's
> automatically installed.
>
> <http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2006-02/threads.html#00040>

But the setup.hint for libtool1.5 (which is the ONLY non-obsolete
libtool package, other than libltdl3) already lists 'file' as one of its
dependencies?

See the message I posted on the libtool list (hasn't shown up in the
archives yet, but it's a reply to this one):
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libtool/2006-02/msg00086.html

++++
No action taken.

--