[ITP] updated: lighttpd-1.4.8-1 [Was: lighttpd on cygwin?]

Verse X x@versatechs.com
Thu Jan 12 06:37:00 GMT 2006

> Lapo Luchini wrote:
>
> > Does this means that it fails to load to you as it conflicts with other
> > DLLs?
>
> Yes, but only in certain cases and situations -- not in general.
>
> > Whose fault is it? My ld.exe?
>
> No, ld still defaults to --disable-auto-image-base.
>
> > Should I add a "rebase" in the building script?
>
> No, just "LDFLAGS=-Wl,--enable-auto-image-base ./configure ..." when
> configuring.
>
> Brian

I'm new to this mailing list, and don't undertand what's going on here.

Did Jan send Lapo some source patches, whereup Lapo built a lighttpd package,
which he posted to http://www.lapo.it/cygwin/lighttpd-1.4.8-1.tar.bz2 (etc),
and which people subsequently have problem using because of "ImageBase 10000000"?

And then Brian suggested that Lapo rebuild with some additional linker flags?

This is how I sense the conversation went, although I couldn't figure out
who Christopher is and what he meant by "uploaded".

My interest in this is simple: I would like to have the lastest lighttpd, with fastcgi,
working under Cygwin. Using the tarball from www.lapo.it, I can install it successfully,
but when I tried running it, I get this error ...

2006-01-11 23:33:19: (/home/lapo/packaging/tmp/lighttpd-1.4.8/src/mod_fastcgi.c.1209) --- fastcgi spawning
        port: 0
        socket /tmp/lighttpd-socket
        current: 0 / 10
C:\cygwin\usr\sbin\lighttpd.exe (1072): *** unable to remap C:\cygwin\lib\lighttpd\mod_indexfile.dll to same address as parent(0x3F0000) != 0x970000
      9 [main] lighttpd 2224 fork_parent: child 1072 died waiting for dll loading

If you guys can get this working, I think a LOT of people will be very thankful.
I know I will :-)

- Thomas