Please test: postgresql-8.1.4-1 (new layout)

Reini Urban rurban@x-ray.at
Mon Jun 5 07:16:00 GMT 2006

As advertised I split up the monolithic postgresql package into a
debian-like layout, just multiple parallel installations are not yet
supported.
The only changes from debian are non-versioned names, -dev renamed to
-devel to be consistent with our naming, and postgresql-server-dev
renamed to postgresql-devel.

I'd appreciate external testing esp. from the php and xemacs
maintainers, so that they can fix their setup.hint's to include only the
smaller libpq4.

Max,
esp. for your php setup.hint: libpq4 instead of postgresql

You can also add "http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/publ/cygwin/" to your
mirror site to install the as test marked libpq4-8.1.4 and
postgresql-8.1.4 packages. [Exp]

I've created various backwards compatible libpq's:
libpq3-7.4.5
libpq4-8.0.7
libpq4-8.1.4

--