[ITP] util-linux

Wed Mar 1 09:33:00 GMT 2006

On Feb 28 17:01, Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) wrote:

> Following up on a recent discussion on the main list, I have gone
> through util-linux-2.12r and compiled as much as possible, giving me the
> following, all with gettext support:
>
> /bin:
> arch.exe more.exe
>
> /sbin:
> agetty.exe blockdev.exe lvtune.exe fsck.cramfs fsck.minix mkfs.bfs
> mkfs.cramfs /mkfs.exe mkfs.minix mkswap.exe sln.exe

blockdev?  I have some doubts...
What do you do with fsck backends w/o fsck and w/o OS support?
mkswap works under Windows?
How did you link sln statically?

> /usr/bin:
> cal.exe chkdupexe clear col.exe colcrt.exe colrm.exe column.exe
> cytune.exe ddate.exe flock.exe getopt.exe hexdump.exe ipcrm.exe ipcs.exe
> isosize.exe line.exe logger.exe look.exe mcookie.exe namei.exe pg.exe
> rename.exe renice.exe reset rev.exe script.exe scriptreplay setsid.exe
> setterm.exe tailf.exe ul.exe whereis.exe write.exe

Since clear is available in ncurses, we shouldn't add another one,
even if it's a script.
cytune?  Hmm.
flock won't work w/o advisory locks.
ipcrm and ipcs are part of the cygwin package and I'd rather keep them
there.
logger is part of inetutils and I'd like to keep it there.

> /usr/sbin:
> ramsize.exe rdev.exe rootflags.exe vidmode.exe

Does any of them actually work?

Red Hat