[ITP] cygport

Yaakov S (Cygwin Ports) yselkowitz@users.sourceforge.net
Fri May 5 20:53:00 GMT 2006

Reini Urban wrote:
> BTW Minor nitpick:
> SRC_URI="http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/${PN}/${P}.tar.bz2?download"
> will not work.

Of course not, but that wouldn't work with Portage either.  Remember,
also, that the source package name is determined from SRC_URI, so even
if the download worked, cygport wouldn't know the correct filename
either (although if necessary I could work around that).

> Forcing a sf.net mirror as you did in your samples is not good style,
> but okay for a singular maintainer.

Support for mirror URIs as Portage does (i.e.
mirror://sourceforge/${PN}/${P}.tar.bz2), which is the way I *want* to
handle this, is already in TODO, and I've been considering different
ways to handle it.  Probably sometime during 0.2 or 0.3 cycle.

Yaakov