Apache Tomcat / Tomcat based apps

Christopher Molnar cmolnar@ourworldservices.com
Sun May 21 14:33:00 GMT 2006

Hello,

A few weeks back I posted a message asking for some direction on
contributing to Cygwin by maintaining Apache Tomcat and a few other
tomcat based applications. A few people responded and suggested that I
look at gcj as the possible compiler to use as it is already in Cygwin.

I have spent the last few weeks trying to get this to work with no
success. I would like to find out if it is possible to create a
dependency in a package on the sun java sdk. For example the default
install of Java 1.5 from Sun uses a home directory of:
"/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.5.0_06" , so keying on the
presence of that directory is a good bet Java is installed with the
correct version.

Suggestions? Comments?

Thanks,
-Chris