Apache Tomcat / Tomcat based apps

John Morrison john@morrison.mine.nu
Mon May 22 07:40:00 GMT 2006

On Sun, May 21, 2006 9:06 pm, Joshua Daniel Franklin wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 May 2006, Christopher Molnar wrote:
>> > I would like to find out if it is possible to create a
>> > dependency in a package on the sun java sdk. For example the default
>> > install of Java 1.5 from Sun uses a home directory of:
>> > "/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Java/jdk1.5.0_06" , so keying on the
>> > presence of that directory is a good bet Java is installed with the
>> > correct version.

There's always the registry key...

JAVA_SDK_VERSION=`cat
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/JavaSoft/Java\ Development\
Kit/CurrentVersion`
JAVA_JRE_VERSION=`cat
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/JavaSoft/Java\ Runtime\
Environment/CurrentVersion`
export JAVA_HOME=`cat
/proc/registry/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/JavaSoft/Java\ Development\
Kit/${JAVA_JRE_VERSION}/JavaHome`
export PATH=$PATH:$JAVA_HOME/bin

used to work for me (I don't have Java installed atm (new machine)).

J.