[ITP-adopt] ImageMagick 6.3.0.1 - 2nd try

Sat Nov 4 21:58:00 GMT 2006

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> Uploaded.  I left 6.0.4-1 as the previous version, even though you didn't
>> package it, based on your setup.hints.
>
> I hate to be a wet blanket here but did you try this before uploading,
> Eric?

Well, I've tried it (briefly). convert.exe seems to work, as well as
identify.exe.  However, I can't get display.exe to do anything other
than print out its usage/help message -- I've tried it both with no
DISPLAY variable and no Xserver running, and with an Xserver and with
DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0.

I assume the former is "proper" as display.exe is not linked against any
of the X libraries but is linked against GDI32.dll -- therefore I assume
it uses native windowing.

Furthermore, there are some packaging issues in the main ImageMagick
package:

/usr/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.3.0/www/subversion.html
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/ChangeLog
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/config/coder.xml
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/config/log.xml
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/config/magic.xml
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/config/sRGB.icm
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/config/thresholds.xml
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/LICENSE
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/NEWS

The three files ChangeLog, LICENSE, and NEWS in
/usr/share/ImageMagick-6.3.0/ should really be in
/usr/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.3.0/.  The former directory should be
reserved for platform-independent support files, not documentation. I
realize the current placement is the fault of the upstream package, but
still...

More importantly, however, there is no
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ImageMagick*README file.

--
Chuck