Please upload: guile-1.8.1-1

djh dhenman@gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 08:18:00 GMT 2006

I think you mean the "cygwin has still gmp-4.1.4-2"

This should be o.k.since its dynamically linked, but the newer one
might/should be faster......  though maybe not noticeably...

If I knew how to package things properly I'd offer a complete cygwin
package, but, I don't have any place to expose it to you all.
But, here is how to build the newest release.

#both  --disable-static and --enable-shared are required .. so is -DDDL_EXPORT

	./configure --disable-static --enable-shared  CPPFLAGS="-DDLL_EXPORT"
	make
	make check
	# All tests passed
	make install

This will create:
 /usr/local/bin/cyggmp-3.dll
 /usr/local/lib/libgmp.dll.a
/usr/local/lib/libgmp.la

# set -prefix=/usr   to stuff the lib into /usr/bin and /usr/lib.

On 10/24/06, Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke-list@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> djh <dhenman@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Guile depends on the GNU MP library.
> >
> > Was it updated to gmp-4.2.1?
>
> No, cygwin has still gmp-4.2.1, afaict.
>
> Jan.
>
> --
> Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter

In the meantime I'll read up on package maintenance and maybe adopt
and orphan package.

Regards,
  Darel Henman