setup.exe package chooser doesn't upgrade old packages properly

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Thu Aug 9 17:53:00 GMT 2007

On 09 August 2007 18:36, Thrall, Bryan wrote:

> On Package Chooser screen:
> 1) Select "KEEP"
> 2) Click on "keep" for an installed package ("bash" -- currently 3.0-11,
> older than the current "prev") to see the version (3.1-6) for upgrade.
> 3) Binary box is not checked!
>
> I assume this is the wrong behavior, since it results in uninstalling
> the package rather than upgrading it. Checking the binary box causes the
> package to be upgraded.
>
> I also had this problem with other packages, so it isn't bash specific.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this problem?

  <embarrased>  Yes, I'm fairly sure I saw that or something like it, sometime
in the not-too-distant past, but I didn't have time to investigate it because
I was swamped in work and in order to get on I just forced the upgrade and
carried on with what I was doing at the time, and then after having upgraded
it went away (of course) so I never came back to it.

  Sorry for not having even remembered to fire off a quick heads-up about it
before.

    cheers,
      DaveK