RXVT doesn't recognize ALT + Cursor keys

Tue Aug 21 02:58:00 GMT 2007

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On further looking into this, it appears that the termcap/terminfo
> entries are wrong.  ESC O A to ESC O D are only generated after
> entering the DEC expanded cursor mode with ESC [ ? 1 h.  The default
> codes are ESC [ A to ESC [ D.

 From what I can tell, the "expanded" codes SHOULD be
    ESC [ n A   where n is 1-9, not 0  (and '[' should be there)
and should be emitted when in DECCKM mode.  This stuff is all handled in
src/command.c but it's a twisty maze that all looks the same.

> It's not clear to me why the
> termcap/terminfo entries list the expanded mode sequences instead of
> the standard sequences.

Referring to my previous message, I don't see that in termcap/terminfo
at all.  All I see is the correct ESC [ A and friends.

--
Chuck