[ITA] joe 3.5 - Fast and simple editor which emulates 5 other editors

Jari Aalto jari.aalto@cante.net
Fri Dec 14 08:19:00 GMT 2007

* Thu 2007-08-16 Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin-rDBXBDvO6BXQT0dZR+AlfA@public.gmane.org>
>> On Aug 16 11:08, Jari Aalto wrote:
>>
>>   Adopted joe (by Joe Allen)
>
> The packaging looks mostely ok, but not quite.  The /usr/share/joe
> directory is now /etc/joe.  Is that a good reason to move it?

[Currect sources rely on that location and changing it is not easy]

I've now addressed this so that the highlighting, language and charmap
files go under

    /user/share/<package>/

and *rc files go under:

    /etc/<package>/

Jari

sdesc: "Fast and simple editor which emulates 5 other editors"
ldesc: "JSTAR is a close immitation of WordStar with many JOE
extensions. JPICO is a close immitation of the Pine mailing system's
PICO editor, but with many extensions and improvements. JMACS is a
Emacs imitation. RJOE is a restricted version of JOE, which
allowes you to edit only the files specified on the command line."
category: Editors
requires: cygwin libncurses8

a) manual

  wget        \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/joe/setup.hint \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/joe/joe-3.5-2-src.tar.bz2 \
    http://cygwin.cante.net/joe/joe-3.5-2.tar.bz2 \

b) atomatic; for build testing

  gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 955A92D8

  mkdir joe ; cd joe
  rm -f get.sh get.sh.sig
  wget    http://cygwin.cante.net/joe/get.sh \
          http://cygwin.cante.net/joe/get.sh.sig &&
  gpg --verify get.sh.sig get.sh &&
  sh get.sh

--
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines