accessibility issues with setup.exe for cygwin

Nick Gawronski nickg@txvi.com
Sat Dec 15 16:26:00 GMT 2007

Hi, I am trying to install everything in the cygwin distrobution accept the
X packages.  I however use a screen reader as I am totally blind.  The setup
program is not the best accessible with any screen readers.  I have also
heard reports from other blind people who have had problems installing
cygwin using this program.  http://www.microsoft.com/enable has great
information on how to make windows programs like setup.exe more accessible
to everyone.  It would really be nice if the setup program for cygwin was
made more user friendly as with the current setup all I get is a base system
and with that I can't do much.  It would also be nice if an automatic
updater was written for those of us who like to get the most updated
packages and security updates.