[ITA] which: GNU which -- finds executables in the path

Sat Dec 22 13:21:00 GMT 2007

On Dec 20 09:16, David Rothenberger wrote:
> > Packaging looks good to me, but there's something strange:
> >[...]
> This is now fixed. which was using a function copied from
> bash to search the path. I had to change the function to use
> access() instead of the built-in checks, same as the current
> bash for Cygwin does.
>
> Thanks for spotting this, Corinna. I'm embarrassed that I
> didn't think to check this.
>
> download:
> - ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> wget \
>   http://mysite.verizon.net/res00a7j/cygwin/which/setup.hint \
>   http://mysite.verizon.net/res00a7j/cygwin/which/which-2.18-1-src.tar.bz2 \
>   http://mysite.verizon.net/res00a7j/cygwin/which/which-2.18-1.tar.bz2

Thanks for fixing that.  I've uploaded the files, but I had to change
setup.hint.  The ldesc contained quotation marks, which doesn't work.
I removed the last three lines so the full setup.hint file is now:

  category: Base Utils
  requires: cygwin
  sdesc: "Prints out full path of executables"
  ldesc: "GNU Which prints out the full path of the executables that
  bash(1) would execute when the passed program names would have been
  entered on the shell prompt. It uses the exact same algorithm as bash."

Thanks for taking over which, and especially also thanks for updating
to GNU which,

Red Hat