So *is* anyone thinking of adding support for some sort of dialog interaction for cygwin packages?

Dr. Frank Lee rl201@cam.ac.uk
Sun Feb 11 01:51:00 GMT 2007

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 11, 2007 at 01:30:36AM +0000, Dr. Frank Lee wrote:
>> Can I, on behalf of everyone else who installs cygwin using wpkg
>> (http://www.wpkg.org - a system for managing software from a central
>> location without subscribing to Microsoft's Active Directory) put in a
>> plea for an option to disable interaction during install?

<snip a thread swerve here>

> Please don't commandeer threads for your own purposes.
> If you feel that this must be discussed, please start a new thread.

Apologies for the thread divergence. A separate thread has been created
for this matter. I hope the former part of the posting is sufficiently "on
topic" to continue though - interactive installations are great for many
users and would be a useful addition, but I would ask that consideration
be given to those deploying cygwin non-interactively by choice.

Yours,

Frank