FW: aspell installation problem

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Mon Oct 22 14:00:00 GMT 2007

On 18 October 2007 09:40, Michel Juillard wrote:

> aspell depends on cygncurses7.dll, but the aspell package doesn't
> trigger installation of package
> 'libncurses7'
>
> When one is running aspell without cygncurses7.dll under bash, the
> process dies without issuing any message. When running aspell under CMD,
> you get the message pointing to the problem.
>
> Thank you for providing these wonderfull tools!
>
> Michel

  By Jove, he's right you know!

/artimi/software/firmware $ cygcheck `which aspell`
C:/cygwin/bin/aspell.exe
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygaspell-15.dll
    C:/cygwin/bin\cygwin1.dll
      C:\WINDOWS\system32\ADVAPI32.DLL
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNEL32.dll
        C:\WINDOWS\system32\RPCRT4.dll
          C:\WINDOWS\system32\Secur32.dll
  C:/cygwin/bin\cygncurses7.dll

  The problem appears to be that setup.hint lists the ncurses main package
rather than the library:

sdesc: "A powerful spell checker, designed to replace ispell"
ldesc: "Aspell is a powerful spell checker designed to replace ispell.
The current version is derived from the combination of pspell and older
aspell versions."
category: Text
requires: cygwin libaspell15 ncurses aspell-en

  I'll log in and fix this on sourceware.

    cheers,
      DaveK