Patch for unattended setup (updated)

Dr. Frank Lee rl201@cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 16:15:00 GMT 2008

I attach a re-working of my previous patch to setup.exe to support the '-p
package1[,package2[...]]' command line option. This patch also intercepts
all
message boxes and returns some default values to the calling function for
unattended installations. A patched setup.exe will return
IDS_REBOOT_REQUIRED
(=118) if a reboot seems desirable.

This patch applies to setup version 2.578 (the most recent I could
compile).

(http://www.sp.phy.cam.ac.uk/~rl201/cygwin-setup-unattended-patch.diff
contains
this patch and http://www.sp.phy.cam.ac.uk/~rl201/setup-patched.exe the
resulting executable - usual caveats about running such binaries apply!)

Yours,

Frank