[HEADSUP] Let's start a Cygwin 1.7 release area

Mon Apr 21 20:15:00 GMT 2008

Brian,

On Apr 21 19:48, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr 21 16:04, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > >
> > > Just go ahead.
> >
> > I did now.  I just checked in a change which
> >
> > - drops reading mount points from the registry entirely,
> >
> > - let the postinstall script (which still should be moved to its own
> >   package) create /etc/fstab entries from the old system registry
> >   mount points.
> >
> > - Sets the Cygwin parent registry keys to HKLM\Software\Cygwin and
> >   HKCU\Software\Cygwin.
> >
> > I guess now the way is free for setup.exe to utilize the new registry
> > locations as well.
>
> Btw., just FYI, utils/path.cc doesn't build right now since it still
> tries to pull mount points from the registry.  I'm working on changing
> that to utilizing fstab files instead.

it just occured to me that I need the exact key name which setup will
use to store the root directory of the installation.  I nedd it to get
cygcheck working, even if it's not installed into the same path as the
Cygwin DLL.

  "{HKLM,HKCU}\Software\Cygwin\???"

??? = "Setup\root" maybe?  Or with a version number?

Red Hat