Problem installing setup-1.7

Sun Apr 27 14:41:00 GMT 2008

Steffen Sledz wrote:
> I tried to install setup-1.7 on a system running a "normal" release
> before. I've deleted the whole C:\cygwin dir from the disk and removed
> all cygwin/cygnus related items from the registry.
>
> But after running the new setup the mounts for /usr/bin and /usr/lib
> where missing. Also there is no /etc/fstab file. What went wrong here?

There used to be a script, 000-cygwin-post-install.sh, bundled with the
cygwin package itself (well, 1.7 versions anyway), that did this.  It
was recently moved to a package of its own, 'base-cygwin'.

However, that package does not seem to have been added to the 'Base'
category, or has not been uploaded to the release-2 area (I don't know
which). In any case, setup-1.7 didn't download it for me, either.

Here's the important part of the /etc/fstab file that it should have
created:

C:/cygwin-1.7     /        some_fs binary 0 0
C:/cygwin-1.7/bin /usr/bin some_fs binary 0 0
C:/cygwin-1.7/lib /usr/lib some_fs binary 0 0

...modify to suit your needs.

--
Chuck