Problem installing setup-1.7

Sun Apr 27 19:10:00 GMT 2008

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Nevertheless, take the scripts carefully for now.  I have a nagging
> feeling that my approach to fetch the old mount points from the registry
> is not exactly foolproof.  Something about the rootdir...

Well, if you follow Brian instructions here:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2008-04/msg00299.html

Then when you run setup-1.7.exe you don't /have/ any mounts in the
registry -- so all you'll get in /etc/fstab are the basic default
mounts. [*] Later, when setup-1.7.exe is updated -- so that we don't
have to remove all the 1.5 mount info from the registry before running
setup-1.7.exe -- it'll work better on that initial install, but only for
system mounts -> /etc/fstab.  It doesn't attemp to replicate user mounts
(for all users? current user? some selected group of 'cygwin' users?
Yech!) into /etc/fstab.d/.  That's ok, IMO, but when we release 1.7,
end-users need to know about that update quirk.

--
Chuck

[*] 'course, 000-cygwin-post-install.sh does more than just manipulate
mounts and /etc/fstab