[ITP] libserf, libserf-devel, libserf0 - HTTP client library

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Sat Aug 2 21:30:00 GMT 2008

On 8/2/2008 1:43 PM, Reini Urban wrote:
> David Rothenberger schrieb:
>> I'm ITP'ing this in preparation for packaging subversion-1.5.1.
>>
>> serf[1] is included in Debian testing[2], but I could not find it in
>> Fedora or SuSE. Hence, I guess I require five GTGs.
>
> If so, +1.
> Also GTG. Packaging looks good, builds fine from source.

Thanks for checking.

> With one minor pick and one question.
>
> The pick: CYGWIN-PATCHES/libserf.hint contains no requires libserf0,
> but the importlib requires cygserf-0-0.dll

libserf just contains /usr/share/doc stuff, so it doesn't require
libserf0. libserf-devel contains the importlib and that does require
libserf0.

> The question: Really cygserf-0-0.dll, not cygserf-0.dll?

That's the way upstream is doing it, I guess. I don't know why. Should I
rename the packages to libserf0, libserf0-devel, and libserf0-0? Debian
uses libserf-0-0, libserf-0-0-dbg, and libserf-0-0-dev.

Booker's Law:
         An ounce of application is worth a ton of abstraction.