Updated: {speex,speex-devel,libspeex1}-1.2rc1-1

David Rothenberger daveroth@acm.org
Sun Aug 3 19:41:00 GMT 2008

Sorry, I sent this to the wrong list. I've resent to announce. Sorry for
the noise (and the noise about the noise).

On 8/3/2008 12:39 PM, David Rothenberger wrote:
> A new version of the speex, speex-devel, and libspeex1 packages are
> now available for download.
>
> NEWS:
> =====
> Updated to the 1.2rc1 upstream release. Although marked a beta
> release, this is the version recommended by upstream. See also the
> package documentation in /usr/share/doc/speex-1.2rc1/.

> ============
> Speex is an Open Source/Free Software patent-free audio compression
> format designed for speech. The Speex Project aims to lower the
> barrier of entry for voice applications by providing a free
> alternative to expensive proprietary speech codecs. Moreover, Speex
> is well-adapted to Internet applications and provides useful
> features that are not present in most other codecs. Finally, Speex
> is part of the GNU Project and is available under the revised BSD
> license.
>
> DOWNLOAD:
> =========
> Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
> allowed due to bandwidth limitations.  This means that you will need to
> find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to
> you: http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html
>
> QUESTIONS:

> Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
> starting at this URL.

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
                 -- Wm. Shakespeare, "Henry VI", Part IV