[Patch] Add .tar.lzma support to setup

Mon Aug 25 01:27:00 GMT 2008

Yaakov (Cygwin Ports) wrote:
> Charles Wilson wrote:
>> Done. CVS setup.exe now supports .tar.lzma files.
>
> Is this intended to be the default now?  Should I change cygport trunk
> accordingly?

I think that's premature -- at least on the 1.5 cygport branch.  For the
1.7 cygport trunk...meh.  I could go either way.  I haven't run any
tests to see how well .tar.bz2-inside-.tar.lzma (or, for that matter,
.tar.lzma-inside-.tar.lzma) compresses.  We need more data before
setting even a guideline, much less a policy. My goal was simply to
allow people the ability to use .lzma, if they wanted to.

--
Chuck