Conflict betwen the opengl package and the w32api package over libglut32.lib

André Bleau andre_bleau@hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 14:27:00 GMT 2008

"Reini Urban"  wrote:

> I had to link directly against /bin/cygglut-3.dll for the parrot
> package to work around this problem, as -lglut32 did not work.
> --
> Reini Urban

Reini,

The correct argument to link with /usr/bin/cygglut-3.dll is -lglut , not
-lglut32 , as the libglut-devel package supplies /usr/lib/libglut.a ,
not /usr/lib/libglut32.a .

I asked the maintainer of the w32api package to remove the file
/usr/lib/w32api/libglut32.a , as it is hidden by /usr/lib/libglut.a
for Cygwin programs, although it is visible for MinGW (aka -mno-cygwin)
programs.

Regards,

- André Bleau, Cygwin's volunteer OpenGL package maintainer.

Please direct any question or comment about the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com