[ATTN] patch: maintainer, please update to 2.5.9

Jari Aalto jari.aalto@cante.net
Mon Feb 18 17:51:00 GMT 2008

>>The original source package contain CRLFs, so diff against
>>is contains CRLFs as well.
>
> It's hard to see why a UNIX-based source package would contain CRLFs but,
> regardless, there shouldn't be any CRLFs in Cygwin packages.

There are windows developed software that has been ported to Linux.
Their developers use CRLF editors; hence the sources.

> I'm not arguing against changing patch but I'm cautioning you that if
> you, or anyone, are including source (or binary!) packages in the cygwin
> distribution which contain CRLFs that is a no-no.

Naturally.

I just encountered unfortunate situation, where I coulnd't apply the
diff against the original sources as usual. Getting around that was
more like "duct taping". I was uneasy with the measures I had to take
to get around it[*].

Jari

[*] The package was Lzma + patches

--
Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines