mktemp obsolete [was: Re: [GTG] Re: [ITA] tcp_wrappers]

Sat Feb 23 16:30:00 GMT 2008

Dr. Volker Zell wrote:
> Charles did you forget about this ?
>
>  o http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-02/msg00042.html
>
>    >This release obsoletes the mktemp package; you should upgrade both
>    >packages at the same time or do coreutils second, to ensure that you still
>    >have a mktemp program.

Um, no?

The mktemp package's setup.hint now specifies the "_obsolete" category.
The package directory has been moved from release/mktemp/ to
release/_obsolete/mktemp.

What's to do?

I thought about creating a new, empty package with an updated version
number -- but it's too late now.  Once somebody has updated to the new
coreutils, if they update using my new empty mktemp, then coreutils'
mktemp.exe will be deleted. That's no good.

--
Chuck