Setup.exe vs corrupt lst.gz files.

Dave Korn dave.korn@artimi.com
Sun Feb 24 03:44:00 GMT 2008

On 23 February 2008 21:23, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Dave Korn wrote:
>
>> On 23 February 2008 18:50, Brian Dessent wrote:
>>
>>> problem.  The other half is that we generate one of these bogus
>>> .lst.gz files while installing a package if the user is prompted to
>>> retry an in-use file and clicks the close-X in the dialog instead of
>>> chosing retry or replace.
>>
>>   Need a bit of clarification here: I could only get this to happen by
>> clicking the X on the main setup.exe dialog behind, not the popup
>> warning itself; I take it that's what you meant.
>
> You'd also get that if you press "Cancel" in the main dialog while the
> package is being installed.

  Yes, I see, the dialog isn't modal and so it allows the 'X' which is
effectively the same as cancelling.  The solution has two parts then: 1) make
the pop-up modal so the user can't mess with the app's main window while
answering the question, and 2) make sure clicking 'cancel' or 'X' while in the
middle of installing anyway close down gracefully.  Part 1 I've already
figured out.

    cheers,
      DaveK